Article: Proprietary trading firms have undergone an evolution since their first creation in the stock-crazy 90s. Most died off when the bear market finally took hold, but the remaining ones survived by changing their approach.
During my time at Maverick Trading, I have spoken with thousands of people. Someone at the firm will speak at an event and we’ll be inundated with questions. That’s fine because that’s what we’re there for. The questions generally fall into five common categories:
1. How to become a trader on Wall Street
2. How to become a trader in an investment bank
3. How to become a trader without a degree
4. How to become a trader from home
5. How to become a successful FX trader