Application Step 1
- Watch the intro video and then read Basic FAQ.
- Complete the online application.
- Watch the trading video and then read Advanced FAQ.
- Schedule and complete suitability interview.
- A decision will typically be made within 2-10 business days.
Maverick Trading Application
Step 3: Trading Video + Advanced FAQ
Whew! You just finished watching the full Maverick Trading video. If you need to go back and watch the video again, just click here.
Most likely, you have some new questions. Well, we have the answers.
AFTER you have read the “Advanced FAQ” below, click the button to continue on to Step 4 of the application process, where you will schedule an interview with one of our recruiters.
The greatest expenses we have at Maverick Trading is the training, support and technology we invest in our traders. Most firms defray these costs through marking up commissions, encouraging high-frequency trading, hefty desk fees and a disproportionate percentage of trader profits. At Maverick Trading, we don’t mark up commissions or encourage high-frequency trading. We profit when our traders profit. It also provides the opportunity to trade for the firm with additional capital. This is what is available to you as a trader with Maverick:
- The upfront investment a new trader requires is always the most taxing element to the firm. The qualification process takes hundreds of man hours of the firm’s instructors and managmeent and Maverick has invested heavily in this process over several years.
- Maverick’s management has invested over 30 man-years in developing a comprehensive training program and many of the concepts and practices are proprietary to Maverick
- Partnership with a senior level trader to assist in trader development and achieving consistency
- Unlimited access to the Maverick Trading qualification program and the Maverick Trading testing site
- Unlimited access to up to 5 live, interactive trading classes throughout the week where instructors use live market analysis
- Membership to our weekly Trading Room where our elite traders will highlight the upcoming week, discuss economic reports and analyze individual trade setups for the upcoming week
- Access to our recorded video library containing hundreds of hours of archived classes. At Maverick Trading, we record everything and always keep it available to our members
- Proprietary option analysis software with comprehensive risk graphing, statistical probability calculations and what-if scenarios
- Access to institutional portfolio margin
Maverick Traders are paid on performance only. Compensation is based on each individual trader’s net profit and loss. We provide a carefully structured Trader Advancement Program that will increase the capital that you can trade as you demonstrate consistent profitability. There is no cap on the levels that can be achieved, so your potential revenue is virtually unlimited.
All Maverick’s traders are required to provide risk capital for the associate level (levels one and two). As the trader is in the development phase, we have found this to be the best for both the trader and the firm in general as each trader has a stake in the profits and risk of their trading activities. Once a trader has demonstrated proper risk management, capital controls and has produced a profit for the firm (advanced to level 3), the trader may trade without risk capital upon management approval.
- The initial minimum risk deposit is $5,000.00. This amount is held by Maverick Trading and can be withdrawn upon any time from the firm.
- Overall gains and losses will be reconciled against your risk deposit in the firm.
- Only traders who successfully complete Maverick’s qualification program are invited to become traders of the firm.
Upon completing the requirements, traders are granted a trading account with trading capital of $25,000 and have access to portfolio margining above and beyond that amount. As your experience and success grows, you will be authorized to trade more of the firm’s capital.
Maverick is not simply hiring employees. Maverick is creating new members of the firm with a vested interest in their personal success, the success of their colleagues, and the success of the firm as a whole. Maverick offers training, leverage, and support not available to solo traders, nor available at many proprietary firms. Management and the remaining members of the firm, the traders, recognize the importance of each trader, each member of the firm, having a vested interest in success and alignment of interests, not simply free reign. As you develop a successful track record at Maverick Trading, management, at its sole discretion, may authorize greater leverage without additional risk capital.
Each month following options expiration, traders may request all or a portion of their profits for that month in excess of their investment unit.
- Maverick will make all distributions via ACH transfers for the amount requested no later than the 5 days after options expiration each month.
- For example, after the profit split, a trader makes a $20,000 profit in June, recognized at the close of trading on options expiration Friday. The trader requests $10,000 be paid and the remaining $10,000 be kept in their capital account. No later than the 5th of July, Maverick will process an ACH transfer to the trader’s personal bank account for $10,000 and the trader’s authorized trading amount will increase by $10,000 with additional buying power from the firm’s portfolio margin.
- All profits must be paid out by December 31st, the end of our fiscal year.
Profits may be paid out via wire transfer at the trader’s expense.
Maverick’s traders are indepenent contractors of the LLC which makes everyone a part of the firm. At the end of the year, each trader/member will receive a 1099 reporting their trading profits and a consolidated statement to facilitate calculating their net gain.
Additionally, as Maverick’s traders are contributing with the success of the controlling LLC (Maverick Partners) each trader will receive a bonus distribution (via deposit in their equity accounts) representing their proportional profit percentage in the firm’s yearly profits. As you can see, each trader will not only benefit from their own trading activities but they will also participate in the overall profitablity of the firm.
Please consult your tax advisor regarding reporting and accounting requirements. We highly recommend each trader looks into incorporating their trading business to take advantage of lower corporate tax rates and business write-offs.
Maverick offers extraordinary profit splits to its traders. The profit split is on a graduated scale based on the experience of the trader.
For the first two levels of trader (Associate Levels), the profit split is 70% to the trader, 30% to the firm;
The next two levels (Master Levels), the profit split is 75% to the trader, 25% to the firm;
The last two levels (Elite Levels), the profit split is 80% to the trader, 20% to the firm.
Yes. This increase will be granted based on your trading performance, profits retained in your account and size of risk deposit. In our program, the trader, through performance, earns greater and greater exposure. As most traders know, the bigger the buying power, the bigger the potential profits. This extra potential is earned via “consistency” more than anything else. In the professional trading world, consistency is king. We are looking for consistency married with low draw-downs and/or small account swings. Level advancement will be made by additional training requirements and management approval.
Management values the time of everyone in the firm. Because of its success, program, and track record, Maverick receives hundreds of employment inquiries and needs to separate the “tire kickers” from those people who are serious about making trading their career. Maverick has found its process encourages those who are not serious to eliminate themselves from consideration. Maverick’s recruitment process allows its HR team to concentrate their efforts on only the most motivated and qualified candidates. So, congratulations! You have completed a process than many people struggle to finish.
Please provide your recruiter with the best phone number and time of day to contact you. You will be contacted by your recruiter in the next 24 hours to set a time for the final interview. In addition to discussing your trading experience and background, this interivew is your opportunity to ask further questions about Maverick Trading. We look forward to adding another new trader to the family.