Maverick Trading Application
Step 1: Intro Video + Basic FAQ
Great! You just finished watching the Maverick Trading intro video. If you need to go back and watch the video again, just click here.
Most likely, you have a few questions. Well, we have the answers.
AFTER you have read the “Basic FAQ” below, click the button to continue on to Step 2 of the application process.
No. Maverick Trading is a private equity trading firm which trains and allows a team of professional traders to manage and trade its own brokerage account.
- Maverick Trading’s traders are brought in as members and given trading authority to trade the firm’s account for the benefit of the firm.
- Maverick has partnered with some of the biggest firms in the business to provide our traders the absolute best in software, execution and superior pricing (commissions).
- Unlike most proprietary trading firms, Maverick does not add a “mark-up” to your trading commissions and we strictly profit from the profits our traders generate.
Because of this, we do not have volume requirements and actively discourage high frequency trading. This makes our objectives and motivations the same as our traders…generating profits in the market.
You are not being hired in the traditional sense with benefits and a salary but as an independent contractor. Like all trading professionals, you will be provided with trading capital and your income will directly tied to your performance. When you complete the membership requirements required by Maverick Trading, you will be offered a position as a trader from our trading LLC. Once you are a trader with capital backing from the LLC, you will be permissioned to trade on behalf of the LLC in a sub-account. As a trader for the firm, you will have access to professional data feeds, professional commission rates and professional trading software. You will be compensated based on your individual performance as a trader for the LLC and you will receive a 1099 at the end of each year with your earnings from your trading activities. Taxes on these payouts will be the individual responsibility of each member. Refer to our Trader Advancement Tables for for the payout rates.
Maverick Traders are paid on performance only. Compensation is based on each individual trader’s net profit and loss. We provide a carefully structured Trader Advancement Program that will increase the capital that you can trade as you demonstrate consistent profitability. There is no cap on the levels that can be achieved, so your potential revenue is virtually unlimited.
Before joining Maverick Trading as a member/trader, your primary responsibility will be to complete Maverick’s in-house training program. Upon the successful completion of Maverick’s training program, your primary responsibility will be to trade the firm’s capital within Maverick’s risk guidelines for maximum profit. As you gain experience and progress within Maverick, you may, from time to time, be called upon to conduct a class or discussion among other Maverick traders.
To become a Maverick Trader, you must satisfactorily complete the following requirements:
- The Maverick Qualification Program: Our qualification program offers up to 5 live classes every week from the beginning Market Foundations class to the high-powered Advanced Options class. All of our instructors are seasoned traders and teach the Maverick Trading methodology. Our focus is in imparting to our traders proper capital allocation, risk management and position sizing required as a professional trader. Since we understand everyone has other committments, we record all classes and offer them for view on our website for viewing. We have over 300 videos of pre-recorded content for “on demand” viewing.
- Pass the Maverick verification program: Since you will be trading with our capital, we have a program to assure us of each trader’s understanding of the stock and options market in general. Each trader will need to pass a series of tests demonstrating understanding of position sizing, risk managmenet techniques, order entry, and profit targets. Prospective Traders in our system will have unlimited access to the tests and unlimited attempts to pass the tests.
- Proven Track Record: Each trader must demonstrate that he/she can implement the strategies learned in the Maverick Trading training program. Prospective traders will spend time on a demo trading platform that will be analyzed and monitored by the trader/coach assigned to them. Management will look for a minimum number of profitable trades, risk vs. reward ratios, capital allocation, minimal drawdowns, etc. Traders can be authorized to submit trades on other platforms/brokerages they are currently working on.
Yes! Years ago, the answer to this question would have been a definite “no.” Today, due to incredible technological advancements in the professional trading field, we can monitor, assist, and teach a trader remotely, just as effectively as one on-site. While some traders do thrive in the energetic environment of a trading room, many do better from the comfort and solitude of their own homes. What’s more, our remote traders experience all that happens on our main trading floor through our trade setups in the weekly Trading Room and our real-time trade updates on our members area Trading blog.
Monthly trading profits are calculated from each option period and a trader’s profits will be credited on the Saturday after options expiration. This date is between the 15th and 22nd of each month. Profit dispersements will be made on the 1st of the month following the prior trading period.. As an example, if a trader earned $10,000 in profits in the March options period and was on a 75% profit split, they would receive a disbursement of $7,500 on April 1st. A trader can retain any earnings within their trading account and apply for higher capital amounts.
Yes. This increase will be granted based on your trading performance, profits retained in their account and size of risk deposit. In our program, the trader, through performance, earns greater and greater exposure. As most traders know, the bigger the buying power, the bigger the potential profits. This extra potential is earned via “consistency” more than anything else. In the professional trading world, consistency is king. We are looking for consistency married with low draw-downs and/or small account swings. Some of our traders don’t experience a losing month in an entire year, with account swings that are nearly nonexistent. Level advancement will be made by additional education requirements and management approval.
Yes. Part-time traders often grow into some of our best traders. First of all, their growth and development as professional traders happen in smaller, more digestible periods. Secondly, the lessons learned are steady and the part-time nature of their trading reduces the risk of being overloaded and overwhelmed with too much at one time. Some of our best full-time traders today began as part-timer traders first.
Since it is our money, we want to make sure we have traders who know what they are doing to minimize our risk.
- Without exception, all Maverick traders are required to complete Maverick’s qualification program.
- Maverick offers its traders leverage, coaching, and support not found in other proprietary trading firms and management has found that the full benefit of this infrastructure comes only after completing a comprehensive program.
- Maverick’s goal is to create a long-term, mutually beneficial relationship with its traders and has found the best way to accomplish this goal is to start its traders off with an excellent foundation.
Just click on the link below and you will begin the online application process.